Avionics TechnicianPosition Reports to:
Maintenance Manager & Avionics LeadLocation:
Fargo Jet Center - Fargo, NDPrimary Operational Objectives:
The Avionics Technician would be responsible to perform the installation & maintenance of Avionics/Electronics systems on general aviation/corporate aircraft.Essential Job Functions:
- Perform installation, maintenance, and troubleshoot malfunctions of aircraft avionics and electrical systems components, such as, ADS-B, WAAS GPS, Airborne
- Navigation & Communication systems, Weather Radar, Autopilot, Compass systems, Audio Panels & Intercoms, and accessories in accordance with MFG specifications and FAA guidelines (aircraft such as Piper, Cessna, Pilatus, Hawker Beech, Gulfstream, and other general aviation & corporate aircraft).
- Communicate with team leads & other team members to ensure effective workflow and coordination between related departments.
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner as they arise during scheduled tasks.
- Complete all checklists, forms and reports as required in accordance with the company, government, and FAA regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain adequate knowledge to understand and follow the repair facility's Inspection Procedures Manual.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company team members, vendors, and customers.
- Responsible to follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work hours as directed by your supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Degree or certificate from an accredited two (2) year college, university or technical school in avionics maintenance or electronics required or equivalent experience
- Experience with GA/Corporate aircraft; supervisory experience a plus
- Knowledge of aircraft component repair
- Knowledge of avionics, electronic and electrical test equipment
- Knowledge of U.S. government regulations for federal contractors and FAA maintenance programs
- Excellent communication skills
- A&P License a plus
- Repairman Certificate a plus
- FCC General Radiotelephone License a plus
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling required.
- Frequent work in small spaces, extreme temperatures, and heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying.
- Frequent work with products, material and chemicals associated with aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.