Aviation Maintenance TechnicianPosition Reports to:
VP of Technical Services & Maintenance ManagerLocation:
Fargo Jet Center - Fargo NDPrimary Operational Objectives:
An Aviation Maintenance Technician performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on all types of corporate and general aviation aircraft including but not limited to Cessna, Pilatus, Learjet and Cirrus aircraft.Essential Job Functions:
- Performs high quality inspections, servicing and maintenance on airframe systems and components including but not limited to 100 hour/annual/phase type inspections.
- Completes testing, adjusting, repairing and other general tasked related to the maintenance and repair of airframe systems and components.
- Performs troubleshooting, fitting and installation on complex structural assemblies.
- Researches and uses appropriate technical data and follows verbal instructions when accomplishing assigned maintenance tasks.
- Orders general and aircraft parts, as needed.
- Prepares and completes appropriate documentation for record keeping purposes, as required by the Company policy & FAA regulations (i.e. work orders, personal training logs, etc.)
- Properly uses hand tools in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with minimal rework.
- Willingness to work overtime on occasion and handle on-call duty requirements
- Responsible to follow and comply with all aviation safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to work scheduled hours as assigned by your supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor.
- This is a safety sensitive position which requires pre-employment and random drug & alcohol testing to be completed as required by the FAA.
- Current A&P License is required
- Related aircraft maintenance experience
- Preference given to candidate with experience in Cessna, Pilatus, Learjet and Cirrus aircraft
- Flight Safety International or similar formal training is preferred.
- Strong communication skills with both customers and co-workers
- Ability to work independently and as a Team Member
- Previous experience leading projects is preferred.
- Well-developed trouble shooting skills
- Strong organization skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FAR's 43, 91, 135 and 145.
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties as assigned.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs routinely and up to 100 lbs occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Frequent work in small places, extreme temperatures and heights above six feet.
- Ability to work with toxic chemicals, fumes and loud noises with proper protection.