Position Title: Aviation Maintenance Technician
Position Reports to: VP of Technical Services & Maintenance Manager
Location: Fargo Jet Center - Fargo, ND
Primary Operational Objectives:
An Aviation Maintenance Technician performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on all types of corporate and general aviation aircraft including but not limited to Cessna, Pilatus, Learjet and Cirrus aircraft.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs high quality inspections, servicing and maintenance on airframe systems and components including but not limited to 100 hour/annual/phase type inspections.
- Completes testing, adjusting, repairing and other general tasked related to the maintenance and repair of airframe systems and components.
- Performs troubleshooting, fitting and installation on complex structural assemblies.
- Researched and uses appropriate technical data and follows verbal instructions when accomplishing assigned maintenance tasks.
- Orders general and aircraft parts, as needed.
- Prepares and completes appropriate documentation for record keeping purposes, as required by the Company policy & FAA regulations (i.e. work orders, personal training logs, etc.).
- Properly uses hand tools in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with minimal rework.
- Willingness to work overtime on occasion and handle on-call duty requirements.
- Responsible to follow and comply with all aviation safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work scheduled hours as assigned by your supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor.
- This is a safety sensitive position which requires pre-employment and random drug & alcohol testing to be completed as required by the FAA.
- Current A&P License is required
- Related aircraft maintenance experiences
- Preference given to candidate with experience in Cessna, Pilatus, Learjet and Cirrus aircraft
- Flight Safety International or similar formal training is preferred
- Strong communication skills both customers and co-workers
- Ability to work independently and as a Team Member
- Well-developed trouble shooting skills
- Strong organization skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FAR's 43, 91, 135 and 145
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties as assigned
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs routinely and up to 100 lbs occasionally
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, pulling and pushing
- Frequent work in small places, extreme temperatures and heights above six feet
- Ability to work with toxic chemicals, fumes and loud noises with proper protection
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace