Safety is #1 at BTD
: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.Essential Functions
- Reviews assigned jobs and corresponding due dates.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Programs jobs ahead of time and downloads before next set-up.
- Reviews die designs. Understands how the die is producing the finished part before programming is started. Anticipates and corrects problems.
- Documents all pertinent information in the CAD then files for easy retrieval to reproduce the part as needed.
- Works with other employees to complete jobs.
- Communicates with designers and toolmakers to gather information.
- Solves problems (i.e., trouble with setting up block or creating new program).
- Analyzes the optimal way to program and set-up.
- Creates set-ups as needed.
- Draws basic parts or related projects as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for the basic maintenance and diagnostic calibrations of the equipment.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, complying with safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Uses Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.Experience and Skills Required:
At least two years of recent related mechanical and shop experience, of which a minimum of one year of related CNC experience, which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of the tooling process and CNC machinery.
- Working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production tooling operations, which leads to efficient decision making whether to use a manual or CNC operation to be most productive to a specific application.
- Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
- Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.