FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Department: Food and Beverage Kitchen
Reports to: Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, or Other Department
Manager or Director
Cleans and properly stocks of all dishes, pots, pans, flatware and glassware. Maintains cleanliness of entire kitchen including dry storage and walk in cooler.
- Washes dishes, pots, pans, etc, in dish machine or by hand.
- Assists in stocking and rotating of incoming products.
- Assists in basic food preparation as assigned by the Chef or Food & Beverage Manager.
- Empties the kitchen trash receptacles and properly disposes of garbage.
- Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas.
- Performs daily cleaning to include dry storage, walk-in shelving, steam tables, hoods and exhaust system.
- Maintains sanitation standards in assigned areas.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Alerts chef or supervisor of any equipment breakdown.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
No prior experience or training.
- Frequently stands, walks, uses hands, reaches with hands and arms. Regularly talks or hears. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls, tastes or smells. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and regularly lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently works in extreme heat (non-weather), in areas with moving mechanical parts and with toxic or caustic chemicals. Occasionally works in extreme cold (non-weather). Noise level is moderate.
- Applicable Sanitation Training
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.