Job: Greenskeeper (FT/PT/Seasonal)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Job Category: Agronomy/Landscaping
Description: Fargo Country Club, in Fargo, North Dakota, is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Greenkeeper. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
- All positions require working 3 weekend days per month.
- Work season is May – through October (Weather dependent)
- Standard Weekday working hours are 5:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Standard Weekend working hours are 5:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- There may be some days where the starting time are earlier and ending times are later.
Key Responsibilities of the Greenskeeper:
- This is a physically demanding job – you must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Maintains the appearance and the safety of the golf course.
- Performs general landscape maintenance using hand held equipment.
- Rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
- Operates small machinery to assist with edging, trimming and mowing.
- Prepares soil beds for sod, seed and vegetative material.
- Assist in sodding, irrigation, and drainage projects.
- Involved with tasks related to course detail (weed and debris clean up).
- Assists with golf course set-up procedures.
- Operates utility vehicles for hauling material and removing debris.
- Performs skilled duties related to experience (pruning and plugging).
- Operates equipment safely and is aware of associates and their prospective work areas.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Greenskeeper:
- No experience required but preferred. Will train if no experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Excellent work environment – earned responsibilities – Flexible scheduling
- Staff Uniform and golfing privileges
- Lunch provided Tuesday-Friday and Breakfast on Saturday/Sunday