Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We're also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today. JOB PURPOSE
Support location efforts of existing underground cable for the construction department and field operations as a whole. KEY FUNCTIONS
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support efforts to identify and clearly mark existing underground cable as directed.
- Possess knowledge of procedures and equipment required to locate existing underground cable ("locates").
- Identify and mark locations of new cable to be dropped and buried underground ("bury drops").
- Possess proficiency in the operation of locate and bury drop equipment as required within areas of responsibility.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
- Maintain current, valid driver's license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position).
- Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer's privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation as necessary.
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- All employees are required to actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
- Previous locate or bury drop experience preferred.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to climb poles (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- May be required to work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)