*** If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to: www.btdmfg.com***
Company Overview: BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
***2nd and 3rd shifts available***
Summary: Maintains, inspects, repairs and tests all equipment and machines in the plant as well as the building’s operational system. Trains new employees in proper equipment operation and provides ongoing information as required. Designs and fabricates new equipment and accessories in conjunction with the maintenance function. Serve as an occasional leader on maintenance projects.
Safety: Our expectation is that every employee:
1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods.
2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment.
3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Able to train employees on proper equipment operation procedures and responds to questions as required.
2. Maintains plant and building equipment through periodic inspections and cleaning
3. Repairs equipment as necessary to include responding to emergency work orders.
4. Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine repair problems.
5. Uses continuous process improvements to improve preventative maintenance procedures.
6. Assist in fabricating equipment as required to include the associated welding, cutting and drilling activities.
7. Maintains accurate records of equipment repairs.
8. Submits timely progress reports on specific maintenance projects and updates the involved individuals and/or departments.
9. Replaces machine parts as part of repair projects.
10. Consults with Maintenance Supervisor and other personnel as required in conjunction with maintenance and/or repair projects.
11. Participates in other organized activities, committees, etc. within BTD.
Requirements Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school [or equivalent] plus at least two years of related technical training and three years on the job related experience.
Experience and Skills Required: At least three years of recent related manufacturing maintenance experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Strong working knowledge of troubleshooting and problem solving.
2. Strong working knowledge of the materials, methods and practices used in electronic and manufacturing maintenance operations including reading blueprints and schematics.
3. Strong working knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
4. Ability to organize and perform complex manufacturing maintenance activities.
5. Ability to operate general office equipment including maintenance related application on a microcomputer.