*** If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to: www.btdmfg.com***Safety is #1 at BTD
: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.Essential Functions
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reads and understands simple blue prints and sketches.
- Manufactures parts to blue prints and/or sketches using Operator Inspection Instructions (OII) as guide.
- Inspects parts produced as instructed by Operator Inspection Instructions (OII), teacher, set-up person, lead-person or supervisor using tools such as tape measure, caliper, micrometer, protractor and document findings.
- Upon completion of production operation, returns pattern, check fixture and any documentation forms to proper location.
- Stacks parts, cleans machines or does other duties as assigned.
- Operates various types and sizes of stamping presses in a safe and efficient manner or some machines including milling machines, CNC machines, spot welders, turret machines, rivet machine and others as instructed.
- Uses software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
- Performs those duties as specified on the Daily Maintenance/Safety Checklist for equipment being operated.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Graduation from high school or the equivalent and the following Prod Op 2 Requirements:
Experience and Skills Required:
- Pass 45 day operator exam
- Ability to run progressive dies
- Efficiency at 100%
- Productivity at 85%
- General knowledge of the production process and stamping machines.
- General knowledge of the equipment, material, methods and practices used in the stamping process.
- General knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions, such as lights, guards, switches, tonnage monitor, etc.
- Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.