Fargo Country Club in Fargo, ND is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of seasonal Lifeguard. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
THIS POSITION IS LATE MAY THROUGH LABOR DAY
Supervises members and guests in and around pool area while enforcing all water safety policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities of the Lifeguard:
• Supervises and observes swimmers at all times to ensure their safety.
• Administers first aid to minor injuries such as small cuts and bruises of swimmers.
• Maintains amenities in and cleanliness of changing rooms, bathrooms and showers.
• Assists in organizing clinics and private swimming lessons for members as directed by department manager.
• Enforces the rules of conduct.
• Performs pool maintenance to include checking chemicals and pool vacuuming.
• Checks the first aid supplies and reports needed items to management in a timely fashion.
• Organizes and monitors pool games at all times; suggests pool-side games.
• Skims bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use, empties automatic skimmer.
• Cleans up and organizes pool area at the end of the day.
• Maintains all necessary records determined by the department manager.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Lifeguard:
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
• CPR, First Aid Certification, various Water Safety/Instructor Certifications required.
Frequently uses hands, talks and hears. Regularly stands and sits. Occasionally walks, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls, tastes or smells. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather); near fumes or airborne particles, and near toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level is moderate.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
*This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.