*** If you areviewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interestedin applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to: www.btdmfg.com******1st SHIFT***Company Overview:
BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world's top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.Summary:
Assist the Manufacturing Leader in managing and directing co-workers in daily operations insuring that jobs assigned are being done correctly and in a timely manner. Ensure that all employees on the shift have work and are performing the work according to company standards.Safety is #1 at BTD:
Our expectation is that every employee:1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment.3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.Essential Functions
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Inspects work to insure that it meets Company standards.
- Assist in the set-up of machinery to be used and insures that the machinery is in good working condition.
- Responds to questions and concerns and advises employees on resolving related problems.
- With direction from the Manufacturing Leader, assigns daily work in order of priority.
- Communicates and consults with other Shift Leads or Manufacturing Leaders throughout the company to plan work schedules and to make sure that the work is progressing on time.
- Assists in the training and evaluations of employees.
- Monitors work habits of employees and make suggestions/corrections when needed.
- Sets example for co-workers to follow by maintaining standards of work performance, good housekeeping and safety awareness.
- Communicates employee concerns to appropriate supervisor.
- Must be able to resolve issues and make corrections in software programs, such as labor transactions, material substitutions, etc. Should also have an understanding of and be able to use other computer software such as Access when required.
- Promotes and enforces company policies as they relate to ISO standards, safety, housekeeping, etc.
- Required to perform rounds to insure performance expectations are being met throughout the shift.
- Assists supervisor to insure that department materials and supplies are controlled and accurate.
Graduation from high school (or equivalent) plus two years of technical training or 2 additional years of equivalent experience.Experience and Skills Required:
At least three years of recent related mechanical and shop experience and preferably experience as a lead which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of the production process and metal fabrication machines.
- Excellent working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production operations.
- Excellent working knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions such as lights, guards, switches, etc.
- Must be able to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to lead by example and be good example for co-workers.
- Must be able to plan, organize and direct work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Must be able to maintain high level of work performance and moral with co-workers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.