Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We're also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today. JOB PURPOSE
Plan, create and produce content for on-air. KEY FUNCTIONS
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully operate cameras, editing equipment and related software.
- Operate non-linear computer editing equipment. Adobe Premiere, Avid or equivalent.
- Possess proficiency in lighting, video and audio techniques, and computer applications.
- Participate in the creative process of developing content and ideas for on-air playback.
- Ability to understand the process of and be involved in concept creation, professional and effective writing, various forms of production techniques, videography and editing.
- Direct and implement the production of local and regional content as required.
- May oversee or work with freelance personnel to produce, direct, shoot, edit, act or be on-air talent in content such as commercials, promotional spots, half-hour shows, live and tape delay sports content.
- Create limited motion graphics using computer graphics equipment. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or equivalent.
- Present concepts and explain production methods to internal staff and external contacts.
- Support the activities of Sales and Marketing.
- Comply with operating procedures directed by Management and Engineering.
- Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco's "Use of Vehicle for Company Business" policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer's privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Be willing to advance personal knowledge of programs and techniques through tutorials, on-site and off-site training opportunities.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to create and foster a harmonious relationship with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, television production, advertising or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in advertising/video production, sports, news or related field preferred.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- In-person visits to a customer's place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)